Wednesday 28 January 2015

Triangl Bikini Review

Triangl Bikini Review


Today's post is on the Instagram trend, Triangl bikinis! This brand came to my attention last year, however, i could not justify so much money on a bikini! This year, my goal is to lose some weight and too look like one of the Triangl models! Never will happen but i can dream.

My bikini of choice was the 'Lily' in 'Strawberry Kiss'

$89
If you are unaware, all Triangl bikinis are made from thick neoprene material similar to a wetsuit! Therefore, there is very to no little give or stretch.

The bikini comes in a matching bag with drawstrings perfect for the beach! It is great for storing the bikini as it is recommended they are stored flat as the material is easily marked and dented.

About:



As the pictures show, the top has a working zip that you are able to open to give you a little more space, yet it still feels secure, the back has a seat belt style fastening that makes it very easy to do up. The back also shows the full bum coverage which i like! The bottoms cut on the hip but covers enough to feel comfortable. The material is not very stretchy, however, the top has a little give- more than the bottoms.

Sizing:

After reading many reviews and speaking to the very friendly girl available on Triangls live chat i decided to order my bikini, both top and bottoms in 'XL' I am an average size 12 but consider myself to have wide hips!
The top fits perfectly, although, i am not blessed in the chest department, it is a comfortable fit and everything is covered

The bottoms are slightly snug and cut in a little, however, for me, my goal is to lose some weight to make this bikini look better! 


Shipping:
Triangl estimated that the bikini should arrive within 8-10 working days but for me it had arrived in 4! Which was amazing, the shipping at $20 is pretty steep, i wish i had ordered another bikini to justify the shipping rate.



Although these are expensive, they are defiantly worth the investment, i think this is a bikini that will last a while and will look great on my summer holidays! I will definitely be purchasing another one and can't wait to get my new bikini!

EDIT: 5/02/2015- today i received a letter from FedEx charging me £23.50 custom taxes, a bill was slightly expected, however, i did not expect something this expensive on top of all the other expensive Triangl prices! Apparently, it is not every parcel that gets charged a custom fee, i seem to be an unfortunate one! Not a nice invoice to wake up to!

9 comments:

  1. Oh I was thinking about getting this one! May I ask your bra size?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes of course I am usually a UK 34 C/D but do find this is a little big on the bust but perfect round the back!

      Delete
    2. Ok! I'm considering buying the top in L Im a european 80C, I think thats equal to a 36C in UK. Hoping I will be able to squize in to it..!

      Delete
    3. I'm sure that would fit, they do have a little stretch in the top also and the zipper is a bonus

      Delete
  2. Hiya, I have been looking into ordering this bikini but I'm just not sure what size to get, my bra size is a 30DD UK and i wear a size 8/10 on top, the live chat lady wasn't completely helpful, I'm thinking of going for a medium but i don't want it to be too loose around the back

    ReplyDelete
  3. i felt the same, i was contemplating a large but went with the bigger size as i would rather everything fit into the bikini than hang out!, i would go with the medium as when they are wet they really cling to your body

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emma, thanks for your great review.
    I am considering to buy the same model. I am a European 80C and they told me to go for a size M for the top!?! My got feeling before consulting the live chat was to go for a Large. What would be your recommendation? Thank you and best, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would go for the large, i will sometimes wear the same bra size and think a large would be a better fit, if it is slightly big it wont matter as they get righter when wet, but if its too small they are unwearable, i say definitely go up a size!

      Delete
  5. I'm a 34C/D US and a size 6 in jeans but my hips are 39" what sizes would you suggest in this and the poppy? My main concern is bottoms. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete